Anythingwilldo

珍惜当下,把握现在,活出璀璨的人生!

Sponsor Me

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Amazing Grace

Have you ever heard of the song AMAZING GRACE?No matter whether you are Christian or not,I believe this would be a touching song..But do you know how this song came by?
This is a song written by John Newton .. IN 18th century of England, It's a era of reformation ... There are unstable everywhere, children lost their education opportunities, becoming child force for cheap pay, poor people everywhere, the elite oppressed the poors .. They were selling dark skinned people overseas to become slaves.
John was borned in such an era.He worked his way out to help the oppressed.He hated the slave system so much!He supported Sir William Wilberforce to fight for the right to release the slaves!By the grace of God,at 1787,Wilberforce successfully released the first badge of oppressed slave!Thus,He wrote this hymn.The story of Sir John Newton were too much to tell,this is just one of them.
This is the version where a singer,Christ Tomlin sang...which touched lots of people.Hope you guys enjoy the meaning of the words and the song.=)


AMAZING GRACE ( CHRIST TOMLIN)
Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost,
but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

My chains are goneI've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine

No comments: